Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Denigrating the bravest among us

I don't normally wade into the politics pond on this blog, but I am an ardent supporter of the U.S. armed forces, and it irks me quite a bit to hear them denigrated. Especially when the one uttering an insult is a blow-hard politician.

Which is why I wish I could live in New York just long enough to vote against Representative Charles Rangel, who recently said that the only people who enlist in our military are those who don't have good job prospects.

I can't say much more insightful other than I think Rangel's opinion of our troops is offensive. Big time. But James Taranto of the Opinion Journal has a good sample of the responses from people who are close to the military. And they aren't too happy with Rangel.

It's nice to see the troops and those who love them standing up to this windbag.

UPDATE: Taranto has more of the military response to Rangel.

No comments: