Sunday, December 10, 2006

"Love is blind in pitch black restaurant"

Well, I guess the kitchen would not have to worry about the presentation too much in a dark restaurant.

Diners at the once-a-week restaurant called "Opaque" are led into a pitch black dining room by the blind waiters who act as their guides for the evening.

"Oh my God, it's really dark! They're not kidding, it's really dark!" laughed waiter Michael Headley, mimicking a typical first reaction by customers.

The idea of eating dinner in utter blackness may strike many as odd, if not downright unpleasant.

Count me in on that sentiment. Part of the enjoyment of a meal eaten out is how it looks, and part of the dining experience is the place's ambience, not the complete lack thereof. Which is why I shudder at the thought of a pitch-black restaurant. I much prefer a clean, well-lighted place.

No comments: