Monday, April 16, 2007

Inglés: new Doritos

There's a new Doritos flavor in town: Wild White Nacho. This and another flavor (I think it's some kind of barbeque) are being test-marketed, and Doritos wants the public to pick which one of these flavors is kept on as a permanent option for consumers.


I don't know what the other flavor tastes like, but the Wild White Nacho is not that impressive. But, when looking at the distinctive packaging, I noticed something a bit odd. It seems that this new nacho flavor somehow warrants Spanish puncuation for English words.




















Doritos

Wild White Nacho

FIGHT FOR THE
¡FLAVOR!
TWO NEW FLAVORS.
ONE SURVIVES.

NEW!
for a LIMITED TIME ?


Having grown up in South Texas, I have heard a lot of Tex-Mex spoken. That's a local dialect that is a blend of English and Spanish. But, this is the first time I can remember seeing Spanish punctuation used this way.

No comments: