Wednesday, December 29, 2010

What I've been listening to lately




Santa Claus was good to me. Knew exactly that this was one of my favorite AC/DC albums, and that I haven't owned it since I got rid of my turntable way back when CDs first came out.

Ah, the memories have come flooding back.



My older brother owned this album when I was just a young buck, and I think it was my first taste of AC/DC (I listened to it on the sly so my brother wouldn't get mad at me for messing up his LPs.) These were my formative years, and Powerage (along with High Voltage and Let There Be Rock, also my brother's albums) gave me a good, solid appreciation for hard crunching rock and roll that was also fun and bawdy. As time went on, I -- and my circle of rocker friends -- continued to jam to AC/DC and all of their subsequent albums until we started to grow up and become responsible members of society. But Powerage has always had a special place in my heart, and it always will.

Thanks, Santa!

No comments: