Thursday, September 17, 2009

A place I would like to visit

.

I had no idea the Air Force had a place that looks as magnificent as this.




Image created by Wikimedia Commons user Hustvedt



That's the interior of the cadet chapel at the United States Air Force Academy in Colorado. It's a stunning, breathtaking version of the traditional university chapel, and I was struck by its futuristic look when I happened to stumble on the image while searching for other information online. I don't know if I will ever get the chance to see this place in person, but I hope someday I might.

And, in case you thought it was just the inside that looked cool and ultramodern, take a look at the imposing, angular exterior of the chapel.




Image created by Swedish Wikipedia user Greverod.


This is an all-around beautiful building. Though I tend to prefer more traditional styles for religious structures -- Gothic, Romanesque, Baroque, and the like -- some modern styles can be appealing, if done right. The USAF Academy Cadet Chapel does it right.

Read more about it at Wikipedia.

No comments: