Sunday, October 11, 2009

Top 11 Iron Maiden solos, part 1

.
Here is a list of my 11 favorite guitar solos from Iron Maiden songs. There are 11 because that is how many albums I own, and I thought it would be most convenient to just pick one song from each album to highlight rather than try to rank them. And I have chosen these solos for the same reason I picked out the solos for my top 10 list of favorite heavy metal solos: they have a certain "replay" quality that renders higher levels of listening pleasure in proportion to the numbers of times they are played.

The solos are in alphabetical order by song titles. Guitarists featured: Dave Murray, Adrian Smith, and Janick Gers.


"2 Minutes to Midnight" from Powerslave:




"Die With Your Boots On" from Piece of Mind:




"The Nomad" from Brave New World:




"No More Lies" from Dance of Death:




"Out of the Shadows" from A Matter of Life and Death:




Part 2 to come later.

UPDATE: Part 2 is posted.
.

No comments: