Monday, January 18, 2010

Rooting for humans

.
I probably will never see the movie Avatar because I've heard enough about it to know that I would be disappointed if I did. Mark at Libertas et Memoria sums my feelings up nicely in this post.
I like a good story and all, but I also am a fan of humanity. If I see a movie and it's aliens vs. humans, I'm rooting for the humans. Sorry, that's just the policy of Libertas et Memoria. If the movie is humans vs. apes, I'm rooting for the humans. Nothing against apes, but I'm going to root for the humans. Now, if the movie was apes vs. aliens, I'm going to root for the apes. My default position, in the absence of humans, is to root for the Earth-team. So, if we ever see the movie Dolphin vs. Predator, I'm cheering for the dolphin.
I don't think I can say it better myself. If I can, I might later.

(hat tip: Instapundit)
.

No comments: