Saturday, July 10, 2010

Review: State quarters - Hawaii




Last but not least -- here's Hawaii.

I really kind of like this design. That representation of King Kamehameha looks downright stately, and I'm not even bothered by the state motto. The outline of the island chain could have been left off because at the scale of U.S. coinage it just looks like so many misplaced dots, but it doesn't detract from the overall look very much.

Nicely done, Hawaii.


Overall rating - 3 - Good.



Well, that's it. I've done all fifty state quarters. I know there are territory quarters out there, and the U.S. has even started a series of quarters featuring national parks, but I think I will take a little break from reviewing for now. There are only six territory quarters, so that shouldn't take me long to do, when I get around to it. And the park quarters have just started and will continue through 2021. I have time to get to those.

But let's hope someone designing those park quarters will run across my state quarter reviews and take some suggestions to heart; there are only so many mushy mountain and tree scenes on our coins that we can stand.

No comments: