Saturday, August 14, 2010

Showing off stabby things

The Pistolero is showing off his cool knife. It's nice.

Here's mine.



It's a Buck, a brand I've always been partial to. But I don't use this particular knife very much.

Why not? you say. Well, take a closer look.




Yep, that's George Strait's mug on that blade. A special edition knife, this is. So, since it's very nice, and I don't want to subject poor George's face to any mundane nastiness, I just can't bring myself to use it like a regular blade. As such, it usually just sits inside its special sheath.




Do you have any special knives that you can't bring yourself to use?

4 comments:

the pistolero said...

Oh, dude, that is fine. When did you get that?

Albatross said...

My dad got it for me, about ten years ago. I think he ordered it directly through George Strait's marketing company. Here's a flyer from 1999 I found online that advertises the same knife. I don't know if you can still get it or not.

AlanDP said...

You might want to not leave it in the sheath for long-term storage. The leather can cause corrosion on the metal in a humid climate like this.

Albatross said...

Hm. I hadn't thought of that. I suppose I could put it on display.