Monday, October 18, 2010

Why I think MSNBC sucks

Because of this:





Seriously, that layout is so bad it's almost unreadable. Sprinkling the text with pop-up links (the underlined words) is bad enough to make me want to curse the webmaster, but interspersing the article's body with line-long links in different fonts of different sizes and all bolded and set off with little cutesy icons to draw your attention to them rather than to the text that is supposed to be the main focus of why you are at that page to begin with!! ---- why, it's enough to make me swear off MSNBC.com forever. Thanks, marketing-dude- who-thought-this-was-a-good-way-to-keep-readers. Thanks a bunch.

(Source. Yes, I was reading a story about the Liberace museum closing. What can I say? Liberace was flamboyant, but he was kind of cool, too. And it's sad that his museum closed the way it did.)

No comments: