Monday, February 21, 2011

Concert -- Black Sabbath II




Black Sabbath
January 22, 1999
The Alamodome
Opening acts: Pantera and Incubus

This is the last major concert I attended, and I'm glad it was Black Sabbath, a nice bookend to my concert-going experiences. And this was their reunion tour, which made it all the more special.

Sabbath put on a great show, and it was good to hear the band live with Ozzy's vocals. Iommi rocked, and Geezer Butler and Bill Ward were on that night. And, though I'm not a big fan, I also enjoyed Pantera very much. It was my first time to see them live, and I was struck by how clear their sound was. Sometimes opening acts get the short end of the stick in the sound department, but these guys were on that night, too, and it made for a very enjoyable concert.

I can't comment on Incubus ---- we showed up late and missed them altogether.


Well, that's it for my major concerts. In my time I saw many more shows in much smaller venues (which were often much more enjoyable because you could get a lot closer to the action), but I don't have the tickets to show for it. And time and familial obligations have caught up to me, and I just don't have the opportunity to see shows these days. Not like I used to.

But I do have my memories, and I thank you for letting me share them with you.

No comments: